Sunday, June 17, 2007

France!


Today is our 4th day (I think) of our trip to France. The first day was a little hairy, as having slept only 3-4 hours, we drove another 4 hours to our first stop, Mt. St. Michel. It is a medieval town (well actually it has been an abby for about 1000 years originally founded by the romans!) that is one of the most amazing places I have ever been. Layers upon layers of vaulted ceilings, it was like being in a videogame, with little passageways the lead to who knows where. We stayed in a hotel on the island, which was also really beautiful, waking up and being is such a wonderful place. I have an internet connection that must be a dialup that is shared on a 802.11b wireless router.... soooooo slow! So we will see how much story I get here, but this is where I am going to be posting all our exploits when I have access. I am going to try and not answer any personal emails so please noone be offended.... until we get back. So far I have eaten some amazing food, I even had an escargot in the shell.... :P We are drinking wine every night (except when we drank cider) and I am doing some great runs through the cities. The weather has been horseshit, it is beautiful in the morning, shitty all day (raining when we are out running around, thank god for the new rain coats!) and beautiful in the evening, as we head back to our lodging.

No comments: